Plot the Seven Deadly Sins Nationwide

Discuss the tough social issues such as homosexual marriages, abortion and family planning.
Mark D Hamill
Forum Administrator

Plot the Seven Deadly Sins Nationwide

Post by Mark D Hamill » Sun May 03, 2009 21:14 PM

Do researchers at Kansas State University have too much time on their hands?

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/galle ... ationwide/

See how your community rates on the wickedness scale.
Co-host and webmaster
Jim Goldbloom
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jim Goldbloom » Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 AM

I could spend hours analyzing this but on the LUST map, the bible belt states clearly were far and above the worst in the country, per capita. You know, the so called conservative red states where God and the 10 Commandments encapsulate the base right wing of American society. The irony is more than just amusing and shows just how far away from puritanical values this country really is - at its core. I'm not saying I was surprised, that would be naive, but it's worth commenting as the map undeniably proves to all possible naysayers that we're certainly not a society of high moral standing regarding sex and adultery, as if we ever were.

-jim
Mark D Hamill
Forum Administrator

Post by Mark D Hamill » Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 AM

I confess I haven't looked into the methodology used to create these maps, but presumably there is some modicum of science behind them. Yeah, I noticed that Mississippi in particular was high on the lust meter. Maybe it is due to all that Biblically-based oppression of natural sex urges. It must be environmental because across the population I have to think we all basically average out.
Co-host and webmaster