If someone made a movie about LOCAL life in D.C....

Discuss local politics like commuter taxes, education and our chronic transportation woes.
DennisArmato
Ensign
Ensign

If someone made a movie about LOCAL life in D.C....

Post by DennisArmato » Thu Jan 01, 2009 21:11 PM

If someone made a movie about LOCAL life in D.C., about the city's culture, it's highlights, and it's greatest problems, would you have anything to contribute to a project like that? I'm Dennis Armato and I'm an independent filmmaker working out of Falls Church, Va. I'm producing a full length documentary about the National Capital Region. Why isn't D.C. granted statehood? What's the City's music scene like? What are the locals like who AREN'T involved in any way with politics?Why do white people live almost exclusively in NW corner? eTc...

Let's get a discussion going about what you think this film should be about most... filming has already started, but I'm still filling spots for interviews and making shot lists... ANY feedback or revelations at this point would sway the direction of exactly what I'm looking for-- particularly what kind of people I'm looking to fill those interview slots... I need to know what we're missing.

But please, take a moment to visit www.BigDCmovie.com OR www.Myspace.com/BigDCmovie.com

What do you think? And is there anyone in the Tavern that can contribute their expertise or talents? It's Your city... It's Your Movie.
Mark D Hamill
Forum Administrator

Post by Mark D Hamill » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:08 PM

Dennis, we are but a few here and some of us are from out of town.

If I were you I would be advertising in places like DC City Paper.

If you have a blog, consider adding it to dcblogs.com. It will get seen by a lot of Washingtonians.

Also try http://dc.craigslist.org.
Co-host and webmaster